Saviya Development Foundation is a community based, charitable and a non profit organization. Founded in 1991, to fulfil the basic needs of the low income category, and establish a prosperous society filled with moral values, dignity and self respect. Poverty alleviation, Environment development and conservation. Human Rights, Community Health Care, youth Empowerment, Micro Finance, Enterprise Development , and Rehabilitation of the differently abled are the key components in our mandate. As a non ethnic and a non religious organization we strive to build up peace and co-existence among the communities at national level. Being successful in executing poverty reduction endeavous, we have been granted with special Consultative Status of the UN- ECOSOC.
An empowered community enjoying quality of life.
In attaining the vision, Saviya intends to
improve equal opportunity in the communities to achieve economic, health- and
To these ends, Saviya commits to: (business
Organize and capacitate women and the community;
Provide alternative livelihood; and
Ensure universal access to care and support
among people with life changing health and social conditions*
As an institution, we shall be guided by the
respect for gender equality /
Create equal opportunity
promote human rights
Respect for human dignity
- Poverty alleviation
- Strengthen civil society.
- Build up peace and co-existence cultivating human rights, friendship and brotherhood.
- Inculcate gender equality.
- Empower the differently abled.
- Care and protection for the neglected senor citizens.
- Environment conservation.
- Eliminate HIV / AIDS transmission risk.
- Combat drug abuse.
- The chairman is the chief Executive – Dr. Winston De Silva – BA, M.phil, Ph-d
- The Gen. Secretary – Ms. Sandamali Kumarawadu – B.A. (Hons)Post Graduage in Foreign relations, M.Ed
- The Treasurer – Mr. Sumathipala De Silva – B.A. ( Hons) Sri Lanka
- Linkage with recognized civil societies and organizations.
- Member of strong NGOs in 06 foreign countries.
- Active in a broad network of NGOs at national level.
- A long spotless history.
Special Awards :-
1. UN-ECOSOC special consultative status
2. National environment award 2008
3. Special commendation from the Sri Lanka government for the disabled rehabilitation activities.
4. NVQ status in the vocational training field.
5. Special awards and prizes for post Tsunami restoration services.
6. Commendation from the UNDP
Services Delivered :-
- Small groups and CBOs network with the SDF.
- Establish a network of 122 CBOs, to strengthen the rural community organizations.
- Join CBOs in the project areas.
- There are trained disabled persons who have set up Networks.
- Provide a higher socio- economic level in the society through development of skills, talent and attitudes, of the youth, who faced problems owing to natural and civic disturbances.
- To create a background and strength to facilitate employment, and a self income through vocational training and employment generation.
- Provide opportunity to develop management talent, skills, and education across short term vocational training courses.
- Facilitate resources and technology to maintain the existing Saviya vocational training institutions.
- Help the technically trained youth by organizing a job market to find suitable employment in keeping with their skills
- Establish and develop a revolving fund to assist the trained youth with credit facilities.
Mobilization and Empowerment of Small Groups
This programme will be launched, based on alternate relief development approach, aimed at the small groups covering the Southern Province and the Uva province. Small Groups and family units are in the region of 675.
- S.L. FONGOADA
- Southern Province Disability Board.
- National Farmers’ Forum.
- Gami Seva Sevana
- Micro Finance Network.
- Rain Water Harvesting Forum.
- National NGO Council.
- Action Aid- National Action Network
- SASA Net
- Protection of Patients Rights Organization.
- The Ceylon Association for the mentally retarded.
- Home Net
- SP- REAP.
- Water Supply and Sanitation Decade Service
- Lanka Micro Finance Practitioners Association
- Small Arms Advisory Network
- Organic Faming Network
- Mangrove Action Project
Development Assistance / Supporting Organizations
The Saviya Development Foundation works closely with local and foreign funding agencies. Among them are International NGOs, Local NGOs, Private Sector Donors, and Government Institutions.
- UNDP – Strong Places Project.
- SPF – France
- Heifer International – Nepal
- Food & Agriculture Organization ( FAO)
- UNODC – H13
- GFATM Round 9
- Center for Poverty Alliviation ( CEPA)
- Global Giving Fund – USA.
- Mercy Lanka
- Lak Saviya Foundation , Australia
- Basic Needs
- Room To Read
- Lak Saviya Foundation
- Plan International
- Australian High Commission
- World Bank
- Ministry of Health& Social Welfare
- Department of Social Welfare
- Southern Provincial Council.
- Help Age